• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Why am I deadly tired all the time?

Rahcookiemonster

Bluelighter
I workout three times a week, I usually eat 5-7 meals a day. I take multivitamin, fish oil and drink 3-4 litres of water every day.

My diet consists of high amount of protein and moderate amount of carbs and fats. I sleep 7-9 hours a night in general.

So why am I tired ALL of the time? The only time I have energy is when I'm pumped for the gym, and directly afterwords.

I yawn all day. The other day, I actually yawned about 30 times within 10 minutes. It was non-stop. My co-workers think that I just stay up all night or I'm always hungover or something haha. When in reality, I have a strict schedule and do almost everything right.

This is really annoying. A lot of the time I will cancel social outings because I am juts too tired from the gym and work. If I go out while I'm tired I am anti-social, because all I can think about is going home and relaxing.

Could it be something as simple as some sort of mineral or vitamin deficiency? I had a blood test a while ago and everything was fine, but I am going to go next week and get another test just to make sure.

It's not just tiredness, its also a sort of daze. I feel constantly depersonlized, like I am in a dream or something =\. I thought this came from Marijuana abuse when I was younger, but stopping smoking hasn't changed a thing.

Anyone got any idea? Or suffer from something similiar?

*yawn*

I am 18 years old and want to feel full of energy every day....Motivated to do everything I want to do, instead of wishing I was in bed asleep...I mean, being only 18 working out and eating lots of food, shouldn't I feel like I'm on steroids? I have also noticed that my libido has gone done A LOT in the last few months, instead of being horny all day and lusting after every chick I see I only feel the urge maybe twice a week...=\ Could it be a hormone problem?

Last edited:
You might want to do a thyroid test. Hypothyroidism can happen at any age and your symptoms certainly could be a sign of the condition. Not a diagnosis but you might want to get it checked. My dad developed hypothyr. at 25. This was many years ago, and he's never had problem since he got on teh right meds.

Just for reference, he started out exhausted all the time like you, but didn't go to a doctor. Eventually he was in a state where he could barely move off the couch and he had been a really active guy. Totally uncharacteristic behavior. After starting his meds, he was back to normal.

I second the opinion of getting a thyroid test. Have you experienced unexplained weight changes, night sweats, loss of appetite, or unexplained mood swings?

Do you drink caffeine? If not, did you ever?

How many times do you do a shit a day? if you're doing more then 1-2 and or having the constant runs, this could be the problem. Reason I ask is, if you have something like a lactose intolerance, wheat intolerance etc, these can causer you to feel tired. I don't think you can actually test for this except for doing an elimination diet.

Could this be due to the fact that your body in almost in a constant state of growth and repair, coupled with digesting your 7 meals a day.

^ It does take it out of you, but it shouldnt be to bad unless youre over doing it at the gym. Rahcookiemonster have you tried taking a week or two off the gym and see how you feel. I train 5 days I week and I feel pretty tired all the time. I like to take a week or two off training every 3 months to let my body rest. When I was doing a more basic work out 4 days a week it wasnt to taxing on my body but I wasnt getting the results I wanted. Ohwell...